A lot of brides and grooms feels self-conscious about smiling in their wedding photos. Boo to that! It’s important to understand WHY? What is it about your smile that bothers you in photos or otherwise? Once you know that, plans can be made with the correct timelines to give you your version of your best smile.
The most common treatments that can help brides and grooms (and bridal parties!) prior to the big day are:
- Teeth whitening – for a whiter, brighter smile and often in combination with one or more of the options below.
- Wrinkle relaxers/dermal fillers – for volume, symmetry, to reduce gummy smile or an asymmetrical smile, smoothing fine lines and even relaxing a dimples chin.
- Veneers – to alter anything from size, shape, colour of teeth to building up chipped or happy teeth and mild teeth straightening effects.
- Invisalign – to straighten teeth, can reduce gummy smile, widen the smile, address ‘buck teeth’ or a deep overbite.
This stuff does not happen overnight so let’s talk time lines
*Teeth whitening – 2-4 weeks prior to the wedding
*Wrinkle relaxers/dermal fillers – at least 4 weeks prior to the wedding. If it’s your first time, it’s advisable to trial the treatment at least 6 months prior to your wedding for best results.
- Veneers – ideally at least 2 months prior to the wedding if adequate planning time.
- Invisalign – 6 months to 2 years in advance depending on how long your treatment will take. The earlier the better!
Remember this. You are beautiful! You deserve to feel confident. It’s ok if you need a little help getting there but you do you!
Choose a professional team who understand your needs and can help you achieve your smile goals. Make sure your values align with theirs and that you vibe with them.